Year 10 Options
Travel to School
Abellio Greater Anglia Student Season Tickets
The scholar season tickets will be ready to purchase online from Monday 11th August.
To book online, the URL is http://www.greenrailtravel.co.uk and there are no log on details required to book a ticket this year.
We are launching a new look site this year, which has 'Best Seller' choices where we have included the most popular flows.
The selection of tickets available to students this year has also changed, offering various period of validity.
There are now three options:-
Option 1 - An Academic Year Pass
- This will be valid from 20th August-31st July
- A shorter season valid to 31st May is available for those who are taking exams in June and July
- It is valid at the weekends and bank holidays
Option 2 - A Termly Pass
- They are valid as follows:
- Autumn Term - 20th August - 23rd December
- Spring Term - 1st January - 31st March
- Summer Term - 1st April - 31st July (a shorter term ticket is available until 31st May for those taking exams in June / July)
- The term prices are the same irrespective of term length throughout the academic year and are based on the price of a quarterly ticket
- It is valid at the weekends and Bank Holidays
Option 3 - A Monthly Subscription Pass
- The first ticket is valid for the 20th August - 30th September and is bought by Credit / Debit Card through the website
- Subsequent tickets are paid for by Direct Debit on or after the 10th of the preceding month. (Octobers ticket will be claimed on or after the 10th September)
- The team will send electronic Direct Debit forms out to customers as soon as the first ticket is purchased
- Tickets will be sent the week prior to the date of first validity by registered post (that requires a signature)
- If a Direct Debit bounces, a £20 admin charge is levied and the Direct Debit will automatically be retried
- Should the retry fail, the customer is automatically removed from the scheme and will have to make alternative arrangements.
- The customer signed up to either 10 Direct Debits (to 31st July) or 8 Direct Debits (to 31st May) depending on whether the person is taking an exam or not
We hope students will feel this provides them with more options. The discount remains the same as now. Although the full academic year ticket does benefit from a slightly higher discount.
Free School Meals
HAVERING STUDENT FINANCE - FREE SCHOOL MEALS (Income level increased)
Parents and carers in receipt of income support/income based job seeker's allowance/Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £13,480, but must NOT be entitled to Working Tax Credit. Asylum Seekers may apply for the cost of meals to be waived. All schools have been asked to take special care to ensure that neither parents/carers nor children are caused embarrassment when applying for and receiving free school meals.
Proof of benefit must be included with application form. Please note: Bank account statements are not acceptable.
If you think you might be eligible for the above-mentioned support, you can obtain further information from the Havering website Free School Meals